Image Map

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Spring, huh? Could have fooled me!

Friends, I'm just dropping by to say that it's 26 degrees.  And don't even ask me about the wind chill.  Last year during this time, we were experiencing record highs in the 80's.  I was wearing flip flops and shorts and picturing myself poolside.  Today, I've been home for an hour and still haven't taken off my coat or boots!
 
But, all that being said ... It's Spring! It's my absolute favorite season, so for the past few weeks, I've been getting my kids ALL hyped for Spring! We've been studying Spring weather and completing LOTS of fun (and adorable might I add) Spring centers.  So, of course, they all come in this morning saying, "Mrs. Kelly... It's SPRING! You said it would be WARM!" Well, my friends, in Indiana... there's just no telling! Luckily, they're satisfied with thinking warm thoughts while doing Spring Centers and crafts.  I finally got my new Spring centers posted on TPT! Check out the Preview! :)
 
(Click the picture to check it out in my store!) 
 
7 Spring Themed Activities to get your kiddos excited about the Spring weather OR, if they're like mine, dreaming of the day it will FEEL and LOOK like Spring! :) These centers are ALL aligned to second grade common core standards (Though I'm sure they'd work in your first and third grade classrooms as well!
 
The activities include:
-Singing Synonyms in the Rain (Shades of Meaning)
-Springtime Scrambled Sentences
-Compound Word Butterflies
-Long E/Short E easter egg hunt (Write the room)
-Making Words "Spring Flower"
-5 Senses Spring Poetry Craftivity
-Contraction Kite Craftivity
 
If you weren't around last week, I've also posted some Math Centers.  My kiddos are L-O-V-E-ing these! We are doing the Measuring in the Garden and Rainbow Regrouping centers this week and I'm really pleased with the work they're doing! :)
(Click the picture to check it out in my store!) 
 
Well, I'm off to eat some hot soup on this beautiful dreadful Spring Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment