Image Map

Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Valentine's Day is ... NEXT WEEK? [freebie!]

I admit, I don't care for Valentine's Day.  I'm not the mushy gushy type and my husband and I prefer to spend money on experiences rather than "gifts".  Plus... he's almost always gone at a school (Army) during Valentine's Day.  No different this year, he's leaving this week for a 3.5 month school.  So I will be spending Valentine's Day with some sappy chick flicks and something made of chocolate... I'm not going to commit to anything particular quite yet :)
 
Though I don't do Valentine's Day personally, I'm thrilled for my first Kindergarten V-day!!!  I've been scouring Pinterest for fun ideas and treats!  I love celebrating these special "days" throughout the year, but with all the time off we've had from snow days (on one right now, actually!)  I don't want to sacrifice the academics.  So I spent the last few days whipping up these Valentine's Day Math and Literacy Stations!
 
http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Crazy-in-Kindergarten-Love-Valentines-Day-1098711
 
I like to make my station time very academically meaningful, so this set hits lots of skills!  Number order, Decomposing Teen Numbers, Adding up to 5, Partners of 10, Short Vowels, Decoding CVC words, and Concept Writing.  Whew, we're going to have a jam-packed day!
 
 
We'll rotate through these activities all day Friday and sprinkle in some snacking and crafting as well!
Saw this cutie little treat on Pinterest and since I looooove gummy bears, I'm thinking about a variation of this!
 
Valentine Treat Toppers Image
 
Well, I'm back to the laziness relaxation of my little mid-week snow day.  Here's a quick freebie for you from my Valentine's Day Pack! Hope you can use it! Be sure to check out the whole pack at my store.  It's 70 pages of Valentine's Day fun!
 
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5ZBoQfnxQOpWFhUR2ZyWFdRN1E/edit?usp=sharing

1 comment: