Hey there sweet friends! Told you I'd be back sooner rather than later! I am so excited to show you a new product of mine that we will be busy busy busy using in my classroom! I will keep you updated with pictures as we just started today! Before that, can we just talk about a craze that I'm totally into and L-O-V-I-N-G? Monsters! I don't know what it is about these friendly looking monsters that have me going gaga (and my kids, too!) but I just can't get enough! Maybe it has something to do with these guys ...
Anyway... In July I created this bad boy for measurement...
And since then I've had TONS of requests to make more resources using monsters. It seems this is a theme that the boys can get on board with. So this weekend, I worked pretty hard to crank out my new set of centers/activities. Now we just took our pre-tests for money... and friends, they were NOT pretty! So what better way to use these monsters than in..... Money Monsters!
(Click the picture to take a better look at my store!)
As usual, I created this pack with 2nd grade common core standards in mind, but think it would really well in any first or second grade classroom as well! It is full of coin counting fun. I've also included some problems for dollar bills to align with Common Core. (P.s. Common Core is HARD!)
You get a lot of resources in this pack, including:
- Printable Coins for use as Manipulatives
- 6 Posters with Poems for Identification and Value
- 4 Sorting Mats for Coin Exploration
- Monster Muchies - Coin Value Matching Game
- 1 Board Game for Coin ID and Counting
- A Coin Identification/Value Flapbook Template
- Value of a Name Craftivity
- Name Values Graphing Activity
- How much is my word worth? Math and Literacy Center
- 2 versions of Coin Counting/Values Bingo
- Word Problems for Up to and Over $1.00
- I Have Who Has for Up to and Over $1.00
- 2 Assessments
Here's a little preview of the *adorable* monster fun!
I just love the little monsters... I got them from Krista Wallden. Her graphics are amazing! :)
Here's my favorite part! Time to give some away!
On Thursday, I will be randomly choosing *TWO* people to win Money Monsters AND Measurement Monsters so you can have a downright, good old, monster of a time! :)
You can enter two ways... do both to increase your chances!
1) Leave a blog post comment about your favorite "theme" to teach with! (I love monsters and camping!)
2) Spread the word about Money Monsters (blog, facebook, pin) and leave a comment showing where you spread your social media love! :)
Last but certainly not least... a freebie! :)
Not everyone wins a giveaway, so I wanted to be sure that all of you lovelies who took their time to read this post got something! Click below to pick up a portion of Money Monsters for free! I have included two assessments to use during or after your Money Unit!
That's it for me tonight! Time to grab some dinner then snuggle up in my blanket! Is it just Indiana where it's absolutely-gorgeous-take-the-dogs-on-a-walk-beautiful one day then FREEZING cold and snowing the next? Ugh! At least I will have some good shows to watch tonight! New Girl, anyone?