Anyone else feel SO busy this time of year? The holidays are just around the corner.. and so are report cords and assessments out the wazoo! Sorry I've been MIA but I'm dropping in for a little Five for Friday action. Oops sorry... it's Saturday. I'm doing my best here...
1. Theme for the last few weeks has been transportation. I'm not sure on the original source of this song (if it's yours... please claim it!) The kids loved it and it was a nice way to wrap up our theme!
2. We are also wrapping up our comparing numbers unit. We made this interactive reader to show what we know! P.S. I love using interactive readers for math. Cross-Curricular for the win! This is a part of my Comparing Numbers in Kinder Unit!
3. As Report Card season approaches... I have one piece of advice. GET THESE PENS! They are amazing. The case props up in a fancy, grab any pen you want, kind of way. They don't bleed through and they DON'T dry out! I use them to color code my gradebook since there are so many assessments to keep track of.
4. My kids are really starting to work hard on reading and writing CVC words so we're diving into my Short Vowels CVC packet! A fan favorite is the Mystery Picture. You can pick up a freebie below for Short Vowel A. The pack itself comes with 8 activities for each of the vowels.
5. Lastly, we're doing a book study at my school and we're reading the most eye-opening book. I had to share!!! If you teach in a poverty-stricken district or school... this is a must read! I'm learning so much and already make shifts and changes to my teaching that are so beneficial!
Oh and P.S. keep your eyes peeled today for a new product. I will be posting my Christmas Math Centers today (discounted for the first two days!) They are Christmas themed and I know that doesn't suit everyone's need, but I love Christmas so much and couldn't pass up the adorable clipart! :)