Last week was exhausting. PEOPLE... Kindergarten is NO JOKE! Therefore I bring to you 10 things I learned in my first week as a Kindergarten teacher.
1. 15 minutes is a REALLY long time.
2. Tiny toilets = more pee on the floor/walls/anywhere but in the toilet bowl.
3. 29 itty bitty people take up a lot of space -- no matter how little they are!
4. Goldfish crackers make great snacks and BIG messes!
5. These babies have got MOVES! If you want to see your Kinders get up and moving, play this song for them! Even your shy kids will get a little head bob going.
6. Lunch is not a necessary meal for adults. Good thing, too... since there's no time for eating!
7. Criss Cross Applesauce is a skill that takes great practice and patience.
8. Five year olds are still working on Volume Control. At this point in their lives, they have two settings -- barely audible and crazy loud.
9. Vitamin C is your friend.
10. Kindergarten classrooms are the most magical, inspiring, and wonderful places on Earth!