I'm linking up (or trying to at least) with Janis Leach from Grade Three is the Place for Me for the Newbie Bloggers Blog Hop! This is my first linky so don't make fun of me if I don't do it right! :) Plus, don't we tell our students that mistakes are powerful tools for learning? ;)
Here are the Questions:
1. what state you are in
2. your current teaching position
3. your teaching experience
4. when you started blogging
5. share a blogging tip / blogging resource
And now I'll dish!
1. I'm in Indianapolis, IN. and I have been my whole life. I don't have any intentions of leaving, either. Indy.. you're stuck with me!
2. Second Grade at a public International Studies Magnet.
3. NONE! :) This will be my first year teaching! EEEEK! I graduated from IUPUI in downtown Indianapolis this May. I student taught for a semester in 4th grade and a semester in Kindergarten. While I genuinely LOVED both experiences, the little ones stole my heart!!
4. I LITERALLY started blogging YESTERDAY! It has already been an adventure. I'm hoping I'll eventually get the hang of it.. there are many, many things to learn!
5. Well since I'm new, I can only share what I know as a viewer of roughly a million blogs -- give or take a few. I think it's important to balance what you're blogging about. If you have a TPT store, don't ONLY use your blog to advertise your priced items! I want to read about your ideas, your exciting times in the classroom, and the exciting times in your life!
And now I have a question! When you're offering freebies on your blog... do you typically link it to your TPT freebies or do you do a google doc? I have no idea how to handle google docs but if that's the way to go, then I will learn! :) Thanks!